.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tornado (Old post trapped in Deafts)

        In my dream this morning, or more like a night-terror, complete with paralysis, sweating and racing heart, I was trapped in my parents house with N. She was dressed in a lovely blue-fluffy sweater, powder blue like the border of default Windows XP, or even to match my parents bedroom walls.

        N was being a twit, going on about being trapped with me. I wanted to know how and why she was even in my parents house, as I hadnt invited her.

        I could see outside the front window, and the clouds had dropped down a funnel, it was moving along Tobiasson, headed right for us. Tree limbs and other debris were starting to rain down in the driveway. I tried to get N to move out of the bedroom and into the back room near the safe, but she just cowered in the corner near the closet. I pulled back my hand to threaten her with a swat if she didnt get moving, but thought better of it. (Knowing that as angry and afraid as I was it would not come off as playful.)

        I really wanted to just leave her there, but ended up picking her up and carrying her out of the nearly empty bedroom.

I was afraid that the debris would come through the large picture window in the bedroom, or even through the outside wall she was huddled against. N didnt appreciate being carried out of the room, even as she kicked and shouted at me, the sound of the tornado tossing tree limbs through the window drowned that out. I felt a splash of cold water as we passed the front bathroom. I tossed N on the couch in the office (the only furniture left other than the gun safe) and told her to get under it and hold on to the legs of the safe. I then did the same thing, not even looking to see if she did as I asked.

The wind howled and lumber cracked and creaked. I believe the roof was being torn off the garage at that point.

I remember thinking that the powder blue and light yellow inside the house was a pretty stark contrast to the dark grays and greens going on outside the house. I wondered where all the light was coming from inside the house, as all the lamps were gone. (Apparently my parents were moving out.)

Ad astra per technica,
FF
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home