.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Youth Ray

I dreamed that my GF (a tall woman with brown wavy hair and very slender build, someone who would not normally be my type at least physically) woke me up to tell me that Ralston was caught in the rocking chair, and while he didnt seem to be hurt, he was getting frantic. I immediately got up to rescue the poor old guy. When I got to the living room, however, he had wriggled free. Oddly, he was now a kitten. I looked around at the other cats, all of them were kittens. I thought Ember was dead for a second, but she moved as I approached her. I hate it when they sleep with their eyes open. Looking around I was able to determine that the oldest cats were the youngest looking ones now.

I had an odd feeling and looked down at the floor, there was a strange light pouring through the house at about ankle height. I got down to see what it was and felt a strange tingling course through me. I stood up abruptly and noticed that the flesh on my hands was now smooth and tight.

My GF gasped when she saw me, and I noted that she looked younger as well.

What was that?

Some sort of ray…” I stopped, because I didnt know what else to say. Teddy raced by me and ran up the curtains, all youthful zip and spitting fur. I wondered how far the effect reached. But every cat in the house was now a kitten, and the oldest were physically the youngest.

The front doorbell rang, and I immediately knew that it was N. Little John raced over to the door and climbed the molding next to the door frame so he could see out the window. My GF protested that I shouldnt let her in, but I felt that no harm could come from it.

N was dressed in a gold first generation Star Trek uniform, her hair almost jet black, short and tightly curled, she looked like she was in her teens or early twenties, at best. She wanted to know what the heck I thought I was doing, as though this was my fault. Somehow she still sounded like her normal self.

My GF stepped into the foyer and prevented N from entering the house. You dont belong here. She was very adamant and more than a little jealous, perhaps because the youth ray had made N younger than her. My GF looked like she was in her early twenties, but you wouldn’t mistake her for a teen. I actually thought that made her more attractive than N, but didnt have time to explain that before the dream imploded.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home