.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crash Pad Rental

I dreamed I was at the Dream City Home Depot type store, looking to rent a crash pad for a special effect gig in a play. While I was there I kept looking down at my outfit - just a plaid shirt and Levis, with cowboy boots, and every time I did I could see my handlebar mustache bounce around in the corner of my vision. It was very odd, but I couldn't quite figure out exactly how.

I had picked out the pads I wanted to rent when I overheard some boys trying to figure out how the put the pads together for a wrestling mat. I walked over to where they were and explained how the zippers worked to link them all together without the seams showing, and that they should try to find four mats were the zippers were in good condition, without any rust or missing teeth. I knew that could be a challenge, as the mats were all stacked up in the outside yard.

As I dragged my crash mat to the checkout, I realized what was bothering me about my outfit. I've never owned three color (brown white and black) cowboy boots. The realization kicked me right out of the dream for some reason.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home