.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

False Waking Night Terror

I had a false waking dream, and true to the genre, I awoke twice during the dream before waking up for real.

The first time I woke in the dream was because N was standing in the doorway calling my name. She was all dolled up in a sailor suit like outfit, not the school girl sort of thing, but the big buttoned shirt and bell bottom trousers kind. The shirt was cut to show off her trim tummy tuck, and her breast enhancements. She had also had her hair cut and dyed, so it was in a loose curly bob, not quite an Afro.

She was being very pleasant but evasive on the topic of why she was in my house at all. I managed to struggle out of bed, and stepped out into the hall. The hall closet had been replaced with a wall of drawers and small cabinets. I knew immediately that I was dreaming, and I found that I liked that look and wanted to remember it when it comes time I want to remodel the hallway.

I then found myself back in bed, sweating, glad that particular night terror was over when came the crashing and breaking noises from all over the house. Heaps of clothing from on top of the dressers landed on the bed, and the pile was so heavy at the head of the bed that I had to slither down and come out at the foot of the bed instead. I was glad I don't tuck the foot of the sheets in. Once I got out I was greeted by the musty smell of old sweatshirts that had long ago been cat pissed. I flung them off the bed, cursing at the cats, not only for their past transgressions but for the continuing crashing and howling coming from all over the house. 

I crawled across the lumpy bed and turned on the light. The entire contents of the bedroom drawers and closets were dumped on the bed and floor. My camera was broken, the lens assembly at the foot of the bed and the body by the door. It had to have been broken and it's parts tossed into the room. That's when I figured out that it couldn't have been the cats. I began to panic, as the noise was continuing from the rest of the house. I looked out the bedroom door and could see that the floor of my front room and kitchen was in a similar state, all the cabinet doors flung open or ripped off the cabinets completely.

I was sill trapped under the covers and struggled to get out so I could confront whoever was doing this. The noise finally stopped, like power outage quiet, and that was even more terrifying, aside from my wheezing and blood pounding in my ears, there was no noise at all. 

When I awoke for real I was laying in a pool of sweat, no cats in the room, and I had to get up and walk through every room of the house and turn on every light to make sure everything was all right. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home