.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dream City Air Defense

The sky over my dream city was full of aircraft, blue and silver torsos with silver short wings. Instead of flying however, they hovered. I was in a very small agile craft and was weaving in and out of them, hunting the actual airborne invaders. 

My craft was equipped with lasers, and cameras. Apparently this was a game aircraft and not really armed. I was supposed to be flying amongst the aircraft that hovered over the city playing a game. Unfortunately there was a real invasion going on. The blue checked cowlings  were actually box kites with short wings. I was flying above them and never noticed if there were physical strings or not. 

I dodged and wove around them until I came upon the enemy aircraft carrier, a giant charcoal colored, plane filled landing field that lumbered through the sky, its defense guns taking shots at the kites that surrounded them but having little effect on the paper craft.

I lined up and made an "attack run" on the carrier. It took two passes of me flying at them with my ineffective game lasers and wing flashes (cameras) to get them to launch an intercept.

At that point I hoped to use my superior speed and maneuverability to lure them into crashing with the kites. 

This was a plan that was actually working as I woke up.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home