.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Party Mansion

T-Rex and Teddy were with me on a visit to a large country estate owned by a wealthy older woman. Her staff and friends were, all, like her, very attractive people. 

At one point I was telling how T would sit up and beg, not only did he demonstrate, but Teddy decided to come out of hiding and show off as well. The pretty women were taking turns feeding them out of a cereal bowl as the went from lap to lap. I heard the owner calling and as I got up to go greet her the others encouraged me to hang back and describe what she was wearing first. I poked my head out my cottage door and waved to her, describing the slender creme colored shift with satiny highlights kind the fluffy half sweater that helped bulk up her slim torso. She walked over towards us, and I could tell the group was confused.

"What's that she's wearing," and "I've never seen that before," we're a couple of the comments. Most of them decided to skedaddle, leaving me, the cats and one of her older friends. I knew I didn't want the very dressed up woman to come into the cottage for long as I had just discovered floras and mites.

She entered anyway, saying I should just go ahead and have the place treated, but the kitties and I should come stay with her in the main house until it was done. She called up to the house to arrange to have us moved into the orange suite.

I remember picking through some bedding and clothing to get stuff without flea dirt all over it. Fortunately the infestation seemed very limited at that point. Only T had any sign of fleas, Teddy seemed to be unbothered.

The woman found me a tuxedo and told me to dress up as we were going out to dinner. She insisted her friend come along as well. "I would have taken the others, but they all ran away."

"They seemed to be afraid of you," I said.

"And you're not?" 

"No, I can leave any time."

"So can they," she smiled at me, "that's why I like you, you don't act like you need me."

"Well, not in that way..." I pulled her close and danced her around, then we headed back up the walk to the main house arm in arm.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home