.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blue Nanite Skin

In last night's dream I found myself looking through a microscope at tetrahedral frames with tiny spherical motors on each end. They were able to connect to one another and still move in a very fluid fashion. Each nanite had a small open pit in e center that somehow served as transmitter, receiver, and memory.

I could see the bundle of nanites in the field of view form up into a long twisted tube. The length of the control pit, because of the fouled nature of the nanite geometry was far longer than it would seem possible. I found myself wondering if they could build up to a point where they were intelligent.

When struck by light the nanites were a bright blue. I stretched out a small sample of them across the back of my hand and they smoothed themselves out like a thin film if oil. in just a few seconds they were using my hair and dead skin cells to fuel their expansion. I hadn't counted on that. Soon the nanites had completely covered me in a blue second skin.

There was a few scary moments when the suit tried to cover my eyes and mouth, but after a bit of wrestling, I was able to pull them back and convince the suit that I needed them to operate properly. When I managed to get out of the room I was in I saw myself in a mirror, I looked like The Tick. I remember thinking it could be worse.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home