.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

River Jungle

I dreamed that N and I were traversing a jungle. We were following a wolf pack that had just lost its leader. We created an elevated blind so we could observe the pack, figuring this was the night they would choose a new leader. I had collected a number of ropes and metal poles from an abandoned river side dockyard.

I used the poles to make us an elevated platform to keep the predators at bay should they suddenly discover us. During the night, the wolves became agitated and started the process of fighting over the former leaders mate. Somehow a leopard got into the mix, and before the pack could recover its cohesion, it had killed seven or eight of them.

In the morning we went down to find out if there was something wrong with the leopard, other than being dead. It looked like it had been, up to the attack, a young healthy male. There was not even any significant tooth decay or damage.

We had lost the wolf pack, and as we made our way back to the dock I realized that I'd been hoping the leopard would get away, seeings how the wolf pack was quite unnatural this far down in the jungle. The docks were busy, two large freighters and a tug with several barges had tied up over night.

N stripped down to a bikini, intent on trading her favor for decent food. I was flabbergasted, but figured "what ever she wants, we're divorced now." I wasn't even sure how we had ended up on this trip up river together. I packed up the makeshift platform fixings and while she tried to impress the sailors, I lashed together a steel drum raft and headed down stream.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home