.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Dreamlands, Dinner and a Movie

Another open the box game dream, this one set in a big transportation terminal full of lockers. (The last one was dressed in Victorian/Steam Punk garb and then going through a Warehouse 23 style building trying to collect various sets of arcane or mechanical objects, customize appearances, and eventually to find other secrets man was not meant to know.) This game was set in a static pseudo 3D playing field, which during the course of playing, shifted to be a real terminal building. The game itself was soon forgotten, and I caught a lift on a cargo plane and soon found myself flying, piloting an auto-gyro which had been rolled out of the back of the cargo plane. I sputtered and bounced in the turbulence above the mountains, and then across the desert south and east of the Dream City. I landed with a steep decent and a wide flare at my favorite small town airfield restaurant.

From there I joined a group of friends and we drove up into the nearby hills to go to a dinner party. It was all couples except for myself and N. We were seated together, as our hosts apparently didnt know we were long divorced.

After dinner we were treated to a pre-release viewing of the hosts latest movie offering, and again N and I were seated together, making her very unhappy. It seems her still very married boyfriend was there with his wife, but that didnt matter, N wanted to be seated next to him, not me. She had tried to get the wife to trade seats with her at one point and had been, I thought, rather politely rebuffed. She was not at all pleasant to be next to after that, though. Openly complaining about being seated to the fattest most disgusting person. Since I was, except for her boyfriend, one of the thinnest there, this garnered more than a few surprised looks. I leaned over and made loud nuzzling noises at her neck, creating a great deal of laughter. She was not amused.

This morning I fell back asleep after certain cats woke me at 4 AM for cuddles. My dreams were of running through a jungle like area, and then riding a rough dugout down a burbling stream and out into a waterfall that dumped right into a salt water bay. I could smell the salt in the air as it replaced the damp earth smell of the jungle just before I went over the falls. The drop was close to fifty or sixty feet, and I kicked myself away from the boat so I landed in clear water a ways out from the falls. The boat was broken into two pieces and some sticks when it finally surfaced from the foamy water at the base of the waterfall. I didnt know if I had enough materials or tools to put it back together, so started swimming towards the beach.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home