.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, May 11, 2012

These Shoes...

        I bought a new pair of shoes. They cradled and cushioned my feet so well I could feel nothing but pure comfort.

        So, I started running, and did not stop, heading up the hills and down the hills, past the lake, through the wealthy neighborhoods and by the strip malls and on to the coast where the ocean turned peacefully before me. There, for a moment, I had a choice of direction, forward or back. Should I return to my car and then home or continue up the coast?

I decided to keep going. I worried about nothing, each stride a blissful burst of pedal propulsion taking me further and further away from all that had gone before.

Ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home