.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Laundromat

I was at a Laundromat, apparently my new washer was too small to handle the new drapes I had for the office and den. While I was there I saw a small set of hands holding up some sheets, having trouble folding them and keeping them off the floor at the same time.

I went over to help, and as the second fold made the little woman become visible, I recognized N. She was not particularly happy to see me. But was willing to let me finish helping her fold her linens. She had a really nice sheet/blanket, one of those things too thick to be a sheet and too thin to be a blanket. It had a blue and white background covered with red and gold flowers. (The dominate color seemed to be a mix of the red and blue, so from a distance it was almost purple with yellow spots.) I commented on it, but she was giving me the silent treatment by that point.

I went back to my own dryer and pulled out my drapes and was folding them up when I noticed that N was pulling sheets out of other dryers, some of which had mens clothing in them, and childrens clothing. She pointed up to the overhead where the lost and found items were stashed.

Do you think theyd like a monkey?

I could only conclude that she was trading for other peoples linens.

I saw that N had put the sheet/blanket in someone elses dryer. She had a green striped sheet that I know I hadnt helped her fold.

I didnt say anything, just shook my head, packed up my stuff and walked out.

Ad astra per technica,
FF 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home