.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Zombie, Zombie, Heart Attack Night Terror

        I had two chasing and fighting Zombie dreams last night. The first one took place on the hill outside my parent's house. N wanted to go hide in the house. I felt we had a better chance of avoiding the zombified neighbors outside. T-Rex and Ginger were helping us find an escape route. Dad had a pistol he wanted me to take, reminding me that I had to shoot them in the head or they wouldn't stop. I didn't bother to take the pistol as I knew that it wouldn't fire for me. Or if it did fire, I would somehow miss. N took the pistol, though. She was able to make it work.

        We managed to make our way down the street to our car and Nan only had to shoot two Zombies, we were able to avoid the other ones, thanks to the cats being able to tell where the zombies were lurking.

        In the second dream I was just with T-Rex and Ginger. We were hiding out in a light industrial area. There was no gun in this one and I seemed to be the only non-zombie other than the two cats. Ginger made a mad dash for a small opening in the wall of one of the buildings climbing up about 15 feet to a partially open window. T-Rex climbed up to my shoulder instead of making a break for it. I was worried about Ginger, as I didn't know if there were zombies in the building or not. I managed to get behind a large dumpster and started it rolling towards the building that Ginger entered. I knocked a couple of zombies out of the way with the dumpster, and trapped a couple of more against the building. I jumped up to the top of the dumpster and it was just tall enough to allow me to send T-Rex into the window.

        I had to jump down and get a regular garbage can to set on the back of the dumpster. The trip was about a two building run, most of the alley way. I used the can to knock back a couple of Zombies. I jumped back on top of the dumpster, balancing the trash can on the 4 inch wide flat lip. A zombie climbed up behind me, and I had to use the trash can to knock it into the dumpster. I closed the lid on it as it tried to climb out. The zombie was thick enough to almost make the lid level. I quickly put the trash can upside down on the lid and climbed up to the window. I kicked the can into the dumpster so the zombies wouldn't be able to easily follow me up.

        The building was very dark. Ginger and T-Rex were sitting hunched under a guard rail, tucked together in a ball Backs together against a beam. I looked over the railing. There were Zombies shuffling on the shop floor. It looked like a plastics place; there were several large vacuum-forming machines and a couple of milling and cutting stations. There was a wall full of injection molding machines, but none of them looked like they had power. There was a single ladder leading up to the narrow catwalk I was on. The lower part of the ladder was still closed in its solid locked case. The catwalk ran the length of the windows, but didn't seem to connect to the observation booth and offices on the other side of the building. I would have to somehow make my way across the window ledge on the end of the building. I know the cats could easily walk across. I didn't think it would be so easy for me. I couldn't quite make up my mind if I wanted to try for the observation room or not. I would have to break a window, it looked like, to get into the office. I also didn't know if there were zombies in the offices or not.

        I thought about waiting for daylight, hoping that the zombies would become dormant in daylight, more or less like in the movies. Somehow I doubted that would happen, though. I looked back out the window. The Zombies I'd crushed were being consumed by some of their companions. The one trapped in the dumpster had managed to get out from under the lid, but seemed unable to climb out of the dumpster. The zombie kept slipping and falling, tripping over the garbage in the dumpster. It didn't seem smart enough to right the trash can and use it to climb out of the dumpster. I wasn't too worried about them following me up into the building from outside.

        The third dream was a full on night terror, waking up unable to move, etc. It started out with my boss having a heart attack. I tried to get him to sit down and stay still. After about 5 minutes of coaxing I got him to sit in my rocking chair. I called the paramedics, and he decided to recline himself back.

        My boss was sitting too high in the chair, so it toppled backwards when he leaned back. Fortunately it is heavily padded. I struggled to right the chair, but left it reclined. Something pulled in my chest, and I fell next to the chair, unable to move, with the feeling of great weight on my chest. I struggled to wake up. There was a huge furry mass on my chest, I was unable to move. I could feel the adrenaline begin to pour into my blood. Still, nothing but heavy fur and no movement.

        I did wake up; Ginger was sleeping peacefully on my chest, not nearly as heavy as in the dream, but certainly a contributing factor. T-Rex was draped across both legs, also contributing to the held down feeling.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home