.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Random Images and Scenes, Moving to VA

       Random and surreal images, nothing which remains, other than to note that several snippets of conversation and part of a TV show made it into the dream. (Fraggle Rock)
       The next dream was more normal, in fact it felt like a live and real event. N and I had moved to Virginia Beach, bought the corner house I lived in for 6 years in Virginia. The house had been burned down, however, and the replacement was actually three levels. There was a pool in the backyard, and a small three room cabin across the pool from the main cabin. The three rooms were arranged in a line so the building was all of about eleven feet wide. There was a bedroom, a sitting room and a small kitchen with a little round table in front of French doors leading out to the pool deck.
       The house in back had a woman and her two little girls living in it for the summer. We told them they could stay through the summer, since they hadn't had time to make other arrangements. They'd already paid their rent to the previous owner, and I didn't want be in the middle of a fight to get their money back, etc.
       There was a sort of moving party, KM was there, a friend of mine from school, he'd taken a job in Richmond. N had a couple of folks from her company there, so she knew some people. Her friend Bacca was there as well. He was actually working for the same company as K, and they knew one another, but didn't know that they had mutual friends until they both showed up to help us move in. Several of the neighbors stopped by, one was an older woman who remembered Mom and Dad, and us kids. Of course, the last time she'd seen me I was only eleven, so she didn't really recognize me, except to say that I sounded just like my dad. She told us that the place had caught fire a couple of times after we moved out, but the most recent one had pretty much destroyed the place. She wasn't too sure about the three level effect, but said the neighbors had been getting used to it. The house was really not 3 full stories, more like two and a half, with the half story hanging out in back across one end of the yard and pool.
       I liked the fact that the driveway was lined with dogwoods on one side and huge rose bushes on the other. I couldn't find the concrete brick pillar that marked the development entrance that used to be on the back corner of the lot, but figured it was just a few feet from the end of the small cottage. The previous owners had added a berm to the street side of the lot to help screen the pool from view. I was a little concerned about the drainage patter during hurricane season, but the inspector had assured us that it was properly graded, and there were French drains under the berm as well.
       I was feeling anxious about the move, but also depressed that I was leaving friends like S and C behind. I wouldn't be able to just call and step out for lunch any more. We'd talked about having them come out and stay in the cottage for a time, but I didn't think that would really appeal to them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home