.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Hospital Dream, Road Trip

       Hospital Zombies bumbling though what otherwise seemed to be an empty building. I was lost in the corridors, unsure even where the entrances to the place were. I started to follow one of the green lines on a wall. It took me to an X-ray CAT-scan area. I turned around and followed the green line back to a lobby. The zombies ignored me, in fact they seemed to walk right through me without even detecting that I was there. I knew that N was looking for me, but she wasn't able to see me.
       Ginger Muffin found me, as a ghost, so everyone but Ginger ignored me. There were no zombies in the lobby and I tried to get N and the doctor's attention. Neither would respond. I started looking around for something that would tell me where I was. The red line was the emergency room, so I started down that way. Ginger broke free from N and raced after me. We traveled together down the hallway, checking in rooms. She jumped up onto a hospital bed and started licking the blood off of a face. It was mine. There was no one around and there were all sorts of soaked bandages and things sticking into my chest. I coaxed Ginger into pulling some of the things out of me.
       I woke up with Ginger cleaning my face. Alarms sounded all around, I coughed and reached up to pet Ginger. N and the doctor came running into the room. The doctor looked surprised, open jawed, and N looked like she was going to barf. Ginger meowed at them. The doctor called for a surgical nurse and blood, then asked N to get the cat, please. There were suddenly half a dozen people crowded around and I asked them not to gas me yet. The doctor told them to wait, started asking me questions about where I hurt and what I was feeling.
       "Bring another heart monitor, this one is bad!"
       Then they gassed me and I fell asleep to the sounds of the doctor swearing at his staff.

Road Trip.

       N and I stopped at a garage across from a tiny motel; the garage was right on the edge of a canyon. Being dark, you couldn't really see anything. The owner of the garage indicated that sunrise would be spectacular.
       In the morning I discovered that Cecil, my old Plymouth Satellite, sat abandoned in the shop, for sale due to non-payment of bills. The garage owner was amazed that I was the former owner, and agreed to let me have it for $300 cash. Cecil had casters under three wheels and a wireless security lock on the front driver's side wheel. The wheel lock was marked "Property of FBI" and wrapped through the wheel and around the tire. There was no label on it that said "do not remove."
       The tire lock was easily removed, just having two long set screws on the inside of the wheel. For some reason I wanted a fourth caster rather than taking the casters off the other three wheels. I'm not sure, but I think I was planning on towing him home. N wasn't so sure this was a good idea. I had decided to convert to a hybrid diesel electric motor. The garage owner thought that would be a cool idea and wanted to help, so convinced me to leave Cecil there with him to do the conversion work.
       Soon it was sunrise over the canyon. You could see the far walls of the canyon from the windows at the back of the garage. I swear I saw the shadow of a dragon swoop across the far canyon wall. I didn't make a big deal out of it, not wanting anyone to think I was crazy. I moved to the
edge of the window, following the shadow, and saw there was a lake at the bottom of the canyon, a lake with a snakelike dragon flying low over its surface.
       Since I was pretty sure there was no signal going to the Feds from the lock on my old Plymouth. I left it with the garage to get it running again.
       Oddly, no road traveled down to the lake, just a foot trail.

       I woke up to calm some cats down. I think someone fell out of the bed. (Or got pushed, I'm a pretty active sleeper.) On falling back to sleep, I fell right back into the same scenario, only no dragons this time.

       I made my way down to the lake with a couple of other people. There was a large tin box with a couple of reel cannisters that made it look like an old time movie camera. As it floated by I heard a mewling sound from it. I reached out and grabbed it, pulling it to shore under an electrical tower. One of the people with me helped pull it out of the water. The person warned me that there was no shoreline, just a steep drop off. I held on to the brush beside the trail so I wouldn't fall in. We wrangled the box past the tower so we could both be in a position to pull it up onto the trail.
       There was a soaking wet bag inside the tin box shaped like a camera body. I opened it and tossed out a couple of live fish. One of them turned into a golden cat, floating face down but moving slightly. I pulled the golden kitty from the water and shook the water out of it and breathed into it. It started breathing on its own. There were also kittens in the bag and their mother, who didn't look alive. I managed to save one of the three kittens. I was trying to recessitate the mom cat, she still had a heartbeat and was warm, just not breathing. She was a kind of ragdoll Siamese looking cat, gold and tan. I was sad about the two kittens and one large fish that I knew I couldn't save. (Which is sort of weird because I was also thinking the fish was big enough to eat.)

Ad astra per technica,
FF

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home