.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Not Sleeping, so, No Dreams

       Really,what little sleep I have gotten the last couple of nights has been so broken up I haven't dreamed. I did hallucinate a little while ago at the computer keyboard while I was emailing some items for work. I heard little whispering voices coming from inside the computer. I couldn't really make out what they were saying, only that there were at least four distinct voices. I put the cats out of the office and closed the door, just in case they were playing a trick on me. The voices didn't stop for another twenty minutes or so. It wasn't the cats.
       Unless the computer has suddenly started picking up radio stations, I think I really need a good solid 10 hours of sleep. I've shut down and restarted. The noise is gone.
       I just realized, what an evil little trick to play with a web site, embed an almost subliminal soundtrack, like something recorded at the food court of the local mall, it just plays quietly while the browser is open to the site. Quietly making your customer crazy, crazy enough to buy all your stuff.Bwaah! Ha! Ha!

OK, that's never happened before. I just spell checked and the editor dumped in line breaks everywhere! Oh, and the HTML tags didn't work, either. Not sure the new system is all that yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home