.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Launch Party, Talkie-Can

       Big event, a launch party of some sort, seemed like a launch party for a show. S and I were in Tuxedos sitting at the head table with our brides. This was obviously our work. At one point I had to get up and address our company, the investors and the production team. It was unnerving the way the entire room became silent when I took to the podium, I didn't even have to ask anyone to quiet down.
       "Welcome, and thank you. We have a show."
       Thunderous applause ensued.
       I think our investors were going to be happy. If our opening week's presales were any indication, I knew we had almost made enough to pay everyone back and were on track to make an actual profit. I had been worried about that. I had some remarks prepared, and I delivered them (I don't know what they were, now, too much drama over medicating the cat this morning.) I do know that I was warmly received and I turned the microphone over to my co-author and co-director, SCV.
       S told some funny stories about the writing and eventual production, also making sure to thank our investors. I remember the food was very good and the people were excited. There were news reporters waiting for us outside the building, I hadn't thought to actually invite them to the dinner part of the launch. We opened up the theater to everyone, once dinner was finished. (The people who'd come to the previews to review the show were already inside. )
       The media spent a lot of time interviewing the cast of the show.

       In the last dream of the night I was playing with a talking Coke Can. I don't think the can was actually talking, as you had to put the can on a "speaker stand" and drop a little probe into the drink itself. Cool little gadget, though. It seems to have been connected to a something that allowed you to converse with either other users of the talkie-can, or perhaps people at the company. I could see this could be a neat party toy, talking drinks randomly connecting folks, not just at your party, but parties anywhere in the world with wireless internet access. At one point I sat two talkie cans together, and they ended up talking to one another.
       The item that dipped in the drink was a motion maker or power lead, or possibly a microphone. I'm not sure which, but the cans had a sort of vibration when they were speaking. I couldn't tell from the dream if it was coming from the 1/4 inch high speaker stand, or from the dongle in the can. I wonder if I could patent this and therefore shouldn't be posting it online here. Thank goodness no one reads this. If someone could patent turning a card sideways to indicate it had been used in a game, then turning it back to indicate that it was available again (Wizards of the Coast for "Tapping" in Magic the Gathering) then I should be able to patent this. What a company, the talkie-can partyline. All I need to do is hire some "psychics" and astrologers and adult voice actors for the "pay per conversation" version.
       Oh! update, lights on the side of the stand to indicate the mood of the person on the other end of the conversation, buttons to select your own:
:)
:|
:/
:(
=0

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home