.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Alley Production Dream, After Party

I dreamed I was directing a show that was taking place in a long
alleyway, the audience would move from one scene to the next on a large
wheeled platform and the scenery would be pulled away as the scene ended
and the platform would move on to the next scene. I was distracted by
the fluffy white and red cat; she kept stealing the scene by racing
through the alley ahead of the platform.
I managed to coax her up onto the platform and she stretched out
next to me, purring and turning her head upside down (Flirting, N and I
call it) at me. The dream shifted and I was lying on a cot, the cat was
still with me, but much more cramped now.
I had to get up and dress for a party. There were several
celebrities at our reception; most were focused on the actors in our
little show. After a long while, a person who I didn't recognize came up
and asked what I'd had to do with the show, after introducing himself. I
recognized him as an art designer, I told him I designed and directed
the show. He told me he really loved the prison scene. It figures, that
was the only set I'd had help on the design, I just couldn't get it
scary enough. "S put in the fright, I put in the light."
"The lighting made it work."
I waved S over to introduce him, but he was surrounded by
celebrities.
Guillermo Del Toro was making his way into the crown and spotted
his designer talking to me. He was talking about 60 miles an hour,
excited, wanting to talk to the writer, the producers, wanting to buy
the film rights, wanting to use the cast currently in the movie. He had
a crumple copy of the program with S and my names circled.
After introducing myself, I took Sr. Del Toro over to introduce
him to S. S wasn't interested at first (the celebrities were prettier
than us) but pretty soon the celebrities had all become quite so they
could make out what Del Toro was saying.
The dream shifted again and I was back in my cot backstage with
the fluffy cat curled up on my shins. I couldn't pull the blanket up
over my shoulders without disturbing the cat, so just rested, trying to
keep a pillow over as much of my shoulders as I could and still breathe.

Ad astra per technica,
ff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home