.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

SNL Nude on CNN, Poway's Zoological Ranch

       I dreamed the Jane Curtain era cast of Saturday Night Live was having sex live on CNN. I tuned in just as they were taking a break. Jane Curtain had slipped into a silky robe and was leaning over a chair, facing the camera, talking to a CNN correspondent while flashing her breasts as the robe flared open and closed with every breath. There were a couple still active behind her. The CNN logo and crawl blocked part of the view of the couple and Jane's breasts. The sound in the restaurant was too loud to hear what she was saying.
       "Slow news day."
       "Better than bombs and bullets any day."
       "You can't see anything, though."
       "You can always hope they come back after the break."
       I'm not sure who I was talking with in the dream. I wish all news days could be like that.

       Before that I had dreamed that I had the power to be invisible, and to then touch things and make them invisible, or to at least see through them. A group of us were at a hotel and I was idly walking by rooms and touching a fingertip to the hotel room doors as I walked by. I could see through them to the people inside. There's a lot less sex in hotels than I thought, and a lot more partial nudity.
       Later I was being chased by people on motorcycles. They had night vision or infra-red goggles and so they could see me. I jumped a wall around a corner and then pressed both hands against the graffiti painted cinderblocks. They vanished. The motorcycles came around the corner, and raced down the alley, directly into the wall. I could feel them strike the wall. I pulled my hands off and the wall filled in ripples from the edges to the spots where my hands had been. I walked out of the alley, visible, holding on to my jacket to keep it invisible, every couple of blocks I ducked into a doorway and allowed the coat to become visible. I got the idea that I could easily wear three different colored garments and switch which one was visible as a means of making a small disguise.
       Being fully invisible was difficult, people would try to walk or drive through you.

       After checking on all the sick cats I returned to bed. I dreamed of the ranch on Pomerado, long gone, that had hosted some of the hoofed stock that was bound for the Wild Animal Park. I loved to ride my bike out there and watch the buffalo and zebras. There was also ostriches and, in the dream, a half dozen lions. Now, in the history of my real life, this never happened, but during the time of the dream, and several hours afterwards, I would have sworn that the memory was the real deal.
        Even now, I want to say I used to ride down to the ranch across from the church and watch the buffalo and zebra herds. I know there weren't any zebra herds there. (The buffalo and ostriches were there, just not in that exact place, and probably not together.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home