.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Convention Horrors

       I dreamed I was talking with a bunch of people I didn't know and we were discussing getting into a Risus campaign game over the next few days. One of the men wanted to make sure everyone brought their trading cards and insisted that we use them to develop our characters and villains.
       "You will, of course, have to surrender your cards to the game master when you use them." The man insisted.
       About two thirds of the players (6 of them) were ready to call it quits at that time.
       "I'll round up some envelopes and I'll keep your cards separated. You can get them back at the end of the game."
       That seemed to calm everyone down. Everyone left except a dark-haired woman. She didn't seem right to me. She was somehow hollow. I resisted her advances until she became angry and shoved me into a hole under the stairs. She locked me in somehow bound me. I couldn't move or call out. I could only just barely see her through some slats in a ventalation grill. Every time the heater kicked in I could feel and smell the air being drawn into the little space I was trapped in.
       I could hear her being attacked by a couple of drunk fellows. Eventually the sounds died down and she appeared at the grill. She was hollow, her head had been filled with trash, plastic chip bags, soda cans. "They completely filled me with junk," she moaned.
       Despite the fact that she was by far the creepiest thing going, I felt bad for her. Embarrassed that she'd been so poorly treated by those who I'd thought were fellow gamers.
       "Your turn." She showed the the remains of those who'd been so disrespectful of her. Not gamers, their torn and shredded clothing marked them as gang members, or at least wanna-bes.
       "I'm sure they deserved to die!" I mumbled, or tried to mumble.
       "I think, since you didn't want me, that you should be eaten by the four year old."
       "I'm not really into children, and how horrible that you would corrupt a child."
       "Not a human child. One of our newest."
       For some reason I was thinking of a tiger, a four year old tiger would be able to consume me. I was worried about missing the game, "I have preparation to do."
       "After we're done with you."
       Now I was confused.
       With that she pulled me out from under the stairs, snapping the ventalation grille back into place. She tossed me on the couch, dumping trash everywhere and slowly returning to a more normal shape. She absorbed the bones of her assailants, that really brought her into solid form.
       "That will hold me for a long while." She said.
       "You certainly look less hollow, now."
       "Am I attractive enough for you, now."
       "You were attractive enough before, now you're scary. I just didn't want to get involved with a player before the game. It makes being fair too difficult."
       "Well, Julie here isn't in your game." The dark haired woman, now not hollow seeming at all, turned and left. She was very feminine in her hip swaying walk out of the suite.
       "Hello sexy man." I heard from behind the couch.
       Julie was a blue-eyed blonde with long straight hair and a dusting of freckles over her nose. Her face was unnaturally flat, like some air had been let out of a playground ball. Just enough to give an overall sense of wrongness about her.
       I wanted out, but was still frozen, unable to move my arms and legs. I could feel myself breathing faster. She stood up from behind the couch to reveal that she was only wearing a man's shirt. I realized it was the one plain blue cotton button down shirt I'd brought to wear at the formal dinner before the awards show. It wasn't buttoned. She was not big breasted, but her breasts were firm and well shaped. Her slender waist hinted at a more than natural hollowness.
       "How are you a four year old?" I asked, trying to distract her long enough that I might get some feeling back and begin to move.
       "I've been like this for four years, silly, what did you hope for."
       "I thought she was talking about a tiger, or worse, a child."
       "A child would be worse than a tiger?" She paused in her stalk around the couch.
       "Being eaten by a tiger isn't evil, at least not on the tiger's part."
       "So, don't you think I'm better than either?"
       "I'm not so sure about that." I looked over at the pile of clothing from my predecessors.
       "They didn't have to die, they could have been nice. Good things happen to people who fill us with good things."
       "And bad things?"
       "Happen to people who fill us with bad things."
       "How about people who don't fill you at all?"
       "Not an option, sweetie, at least, not now that you're here."
       I tried to break out of my paralysis.
       Julie dropped my shirt to the ground, "Don't you find me attractive, I'm not all stretched out, either." She turned, showing me her lips, both upper and lower. "I'm much more careful about who I bring into me. I need you to fill me."
       "With good things?"
       "Whatever you choose."
       "Give me a hint here, what would be a good thing?"
       She shrugged. Then leaned down over me, I could feel her hand rubbing across my chest. Then she settled on top of me, her flat face hovering over mine. Her nipples barely brushing against the silk Hawian print of my shirt. "Your shirt is so soft."
       "It's silk, soft like you." I managed to move my head up next to hers. "You are lovely, but I don't know you, or where this is going. Are you sure I couldn't just teach you how to play Risus or something, it can be very fulfilling."
       "Fill me, fill me with anything you like."
       I suddenly found I had the use of my arms and legs. I hugged her to me and sat upright.
       "Oh, that's good."
       Interesting, I was frightened. I had felt something go out of me, into her, but I didn't feel bad about it, I didn't feel like anything was missing from me. I'd come to the convention not only to play games, but to make friends and enjoy the people I met. I held on to that idea.
       "Let me tell you about the game I've invented for the convention, perhaps you'll join us?"
       "Give me more..."
       So with the slender and ever more sexy blonde in my lap I proceded to tell her all about the game I'd brought to the convention, and then about the Risus campaign I'd be running as well. After a while she started asking questions, focusing on areas where I hadn't done much thought or preparation.
       During our brainstorming, there was lots of holding and cuddling.
       All the while she seemed to be absorbing something. Her face became normal looking. He waist filled out to a more realistic proportion. She was very wet and her nipples were hard. I didn't know that game system discussions could have such an effect on a woman.
       "Are you going to kiss me?"
       "Even though you are sitting here naked on my lap, there is something, not natural, going on here, and you haven't explained the rules sufficiently for me to know if it is worth taking that risk. You are physically very attractive, and in listening to me talk about games and game design, and actually asking questions, you are intellectually re-affirming, and interesting in your own right."
       "Well I wasn't always hollow inside. I am a gamer chick, always was, you've helped me remember that."
       She looked over to the room where here suitemate was sleeping, or digesting, which ever it was. "She's a gamer, too, you know. Be good to her in the game."
       "I will be good to everyone. That is what making a good game is about."
       "I, I can't kiss you first. I can only give what I am filled with."
       "I think I understand, sort of. How could you sit here aroused and naked, then?"
       "You're aroused."
       "I'm not naked."
       "Yes you are," and with that I noticed that somehow I was naked, and pressed up against her. "Fill me with good things and good things will happen to you."
       "Can you be one of my good things?"
       "Oh! My..." was the last articulate part of her response.
       Somehow, I skipped the good parts in the dream to wake up to both women holding on to me. I got up, kissed each of them on the forehead. "Another few days like this and we will be whole again," commented the Dark Haired Hollow woman.
       I went back to my room and got ready for my first gaming session of the day. I felt more prepared and confident than I had ever felt about a convention game. I just knew the playtest was going to go well, and that I would find many GMs for blind playtesting over the next three days.
       

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home