.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

N Naked, Random Images, Pestering Niece

       In the first dream of the weekend, N was standing in the kitchen sink.
       The water was running and she was completely naked. When I woke up I asked her what she thought she was doing. She just looked at me and said "It was your dream."

       Most of the weekend sleep has been filled with apparently random images, some from work, some from the wild animal park, some from a house I never lived in but felt like I'd lived in for years. Nothing has really had a plot to hang any memory on when I awake. Been waken up by the cats frequently during this, I don't know if that's why the dreams are so disjointed, or if the restless sleep is what's causing the cats to wake me.

       I did remember one little plotted dream. N and I and my parents and sister's families met at the Zoo. I had driven myself rather than carpooling in case I had to go (I was on call.) Soon I was having some difficulty moving around, asthma was slowing me down. Myniece wanted to go with me, not because she wanted to do anything with me, or out of any sense that someone should go with me to the doctor, but because she knew it would discomfit the largest number of people. I managed to write "Don't make a fuss about it, it's what she wants!" on a page of my journal and held it up behind her head when she went to tell her mom and step dad what she was doing. My sister got it immediately and managed to signal Grandma so she wouldn't gripe at her.
       Everyone smiled and told her "good idea."
       This was so much not the reaction she wanted that she pouted all the way back out to the car with me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home