.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Random Scenes

        I had just piles of Random images. We were walking down bleachers full of students. I was tired of walking around and over them, so stepped out into the air and the rest of the staff behind me followed. The staff approaching the stage from the other side started doing the same thing. It was pretty impressive.

        Again, I interacted with the white plastic jug full of water. I wasn't threatening S with it this time. It was just floating out in the air in the back yard.

        I was shooting video for a class when I noticed that one of the young women had taken her top off. I stopped shooting and explained that she would have to put her top back on, even though she was on the 'skins' team.

        She argued that she had smaller breasts than some of her male team mates.

        I told her that in a perfect world she could go topless whenever she wanted. I didn't want to be put away for video taping cute teen "over-easies" (testing the Penn Jillette theory that every plural noun in English can be contextually substituted for breasts and be understood.)

        She pouted and put her top back on, but tied it up into a halter like shape. (Actually that was much sexier looking.)

        Next I was in the hot tub when the wisteria tree lifted the concrete and sloshed a couple of gallons out past my ears. I thought it was an earthquake at first but leaned over to see the concrete slab being lifted by a supervegitable root system. The grape vine, on the other side of the slab, not to be out done, lifted the tub back to level. "OK, this is a weird dream," popped out of my mouth and I found myself instantly back in bed.

        A furry heavy presence was crushing the breath out of me, and I couldn't move. 'Fine,' I thought to myself, now I'm having a hypnopompic (SP?) hallucination. Sure enough, I was able to take a bit of control and turn the furry beast into a cute red-head; unfortunately the difficulty breathing didn't go away. I struggled awake.

        Little John, all 19 pounds of him, was curled up on my chest, his back over my nose and mouth. There really was a red-haired beast crushing my chest and keeping me from breathing. I guess I wasn't really hallucinating, then.

        Mom was in the dream right after I convinced John to move down a bit. I couldn't tell what she was trying to tell me. E showed up a bit after that in her motorized chair, she was outside the glass doors, trying to tell me something about the hot tub. (Recurring theme?)

        Dreamed N was on top of me, sneezing, then telling me "You're not driving right, let me drive."

        "OK," I said, but because we were just lying in bed, I didn't know what that was really going to accomplish.

        I got out of the car, from the driver's side, I noticed, and walked into the gym at MB, only it wasn't the gym inside, it was the old MPR. I couldn't explain it so walked out, then in again, each time it was a different room, sometimes not even one that was at MB, but mostly.

        "OK, this is odd. I don't understand and I don't want to figure it out." When I turned to get back in the car, intending to drive back home, the car was gone, then the school was gone, and then I was on the side of a barren hill with night sky and a cloud of stars all around. I felt a warm breeze and was lifted off the hill into the stars.

        There was a carburetor with a bit of a fuel line still attached floating near me. I was wondering where the fuel filter had gone. (Not any thing else dangled, just the fuel filter.) I looked around for it, even checking my pockets, which seemed only to contain one old fingernail and a couple of used tissues. (No fingernail in my PJ pockets, but there were a couple of partly used tissues.)

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home