.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Site Inspection, Passenger Seating Study

        I dreamed I was walking an elementary school campus, looking at the wiring closets and server spaces. The principal was on the walkthrough with us and wanted to talk about the sprinkler caused flooding. I kept trying to explain that the contractors I was working with only deal with the electrical and data wiring.

        I was back at my office opening up the tea ball. It was full of dried leaves, white and green. (This is actually what happened this morning. I would not call this a psychic experience, as this it what usually happens after a long weekend.)

        I dreamed I was in a passenger seating study. I was taking the part of the scary long-hair "caveman" type. People were allowed to take their own seats and we were taking photos of the process for analysis later. In some tests I was supposed to smile at people as they approached, in others I was supposed to just look out the window, and in others I was to scowl without making more than short eye contact. There were several other "types in the test.

        After a couple of days of testing I was talking with a lace gloved Asian with a fur purse. There was some business about getting rid of the evil fur purse, until I managed to dig it out of the trash basket and determine that it was fake fur. Suddenly this was no longer a problem, so I ended up pulling a half dozen fake fur items out of the trash basket. The Asian girl and I ended up sitting on the plane together for the trip to our next airport; she let me feel the lace on her gloves. They were so sheer as to be almost undetectable to touch, even though the black lace was visually rich.

        At this point things became very odd. I knew we were running the cameras for the test even among us testers. I wondered how that was going to turn out. Just to mix things up I suggested that we all get up and start moving around, taking turns sitting with one another and chatting. The Asian Girl and one of the black passengers got right into it. Pretty soon we had everyone hopping all over the place and introducing ourselves, chatting and having a good time. We all ended up in the back of the plane talking and moving around.

        The plane went into a steep dive. It pulled out and bounced across the surface of the ocean. We managed to get out through the emergency exits and into life rafts where we paddled ashore.

        "Anyone thinking this suddenly looks like 'Lost' the TV show?"

        "I wish I'd watched more than twenty minutes of one, I don't even remember what I saw during that time, seemed like lots of running around and rope bridges collapsing." I really couldnt remember any more of the episode, other than that I thought the heavy actor was very talented.

        "Wow that had to be an early episode."

        "OK." I looked around. "Let’s see what sort of shelter and food sources we have. Perhaps there are people living here."

        "Yeah, I guess it would be embarrassing to sit around here if there's a hotel on the other side of the island," said one of my fellow testers.

        Some of us should stay with the radios in the life rafts, in case someone comes to get us.

        I thought that was a good idea, and figured we were a large enough group to split up safely. I was a little worried that none of the pilots seemed to have escaped with us. I asked a couple of the other men if they would like to take a raft back out to see if we could spot another raft or people in life vests. I know the pilots had survived the crash because they had told us to use the over the wing emergency exits.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home