.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Found Purse, Frost Damage

       I was in the middle of a huge action adventure dream. All I remember is jumping over a wooden fence as I could when I was 11 or so. Then the cats got into a "you startled me so I must hiss" confrontation and I had to deal with that       After getting everyone calmed down and settled at their food bowls (It was only a few minutes before their normal weekday feeding time) I went back to sleep, and surprisingly had a couple of more dreams.

       One dream was of being in a room at an office I was unfamiliar with. N and I found a purse and a couple of pill containers, all three items tucked under a table cloth that had obviously been pulled down to cover them up. The pill containers were both two colored, blue and red, one of which had one chamber with mostly melted ice and the other with foil tubes of some medication. It was a mix of used and new tubes. The other plastic container had a wide assortment of pills in it.
       I opened the purse, there was no wallet, but there was a section of the purse about two inches thick with coupons and receipts. (When I told this to N later in the shower she asked if it was A's, but because of all the drugs I thought it might be his wife's purse.) The fact that the purse itself was a sort of red, purple and gold brocade didn't lead me to think of it as a 'man purse.' Since we were the only ones in the office we took the purse and pill boxes to the receptionist.

       The second dream of the morning found me and N again out on the patio of our house. We were going through the frost damaged plants of our potted plant jungle. One of the larger plants had broken down to just a stick out of the pot, with an older pot around its base. I took apart to smaller sun-brittle plastic pot from around the base of the small trunk. There were new shoots around the root line, and a nice green crop of variegated clover growing around the trunk as well. We decided to trim back the damaged parts and let the tree grow back.
       I suggested that perhaps we could turn it into a sort of Bonsai, as the clover was a miniature variety.
       This was one of those completely normal, solidly real dreams. A dream that, if it were not for the fact that we don't have such a pair of pots with a small tree growing out of the center, I would almost call it a memory.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home