.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Zombi Audience

            I Dreamed another AV dream with two chambers in the back of a theater. One was for controlling the stage lighting system and the other was for running the sound system. At some point in the dream the audience became ravenous zombies. I directed the lighting technicians to turn up all the stage lights to protect the actors, the zombies didn't seem to like the bright lights. Then we retreated to the sound and lighting booths to fend the zombies off. I was spraying them with a fire extinguisher covering our retreat to the booths. There was some sort of secret exit from the lighting booth to the sound booth and then a set of controls to open and close an emergency exit to the outside. Unfortunately the controls were on the outside of the sound control booth.

            My plan was to move everyone into the lighting control booth so the zombies would focus on that control room. While they were distracted, I jumped out of the audio booth and triggered the door to the outside. Everyone rushed to the door, which pulled the zombies attention back to the sound booth. Someone closed the booth door behind me. I was trapped with zombies on either side. I could tell this was not going well. I realized that there was not going to be a happy ending unless I got back into the audio control room. I started to shiver, and just walked through the Plexiglas observation wall. The people in the control room were screaming and running around. I shouted at them to get out before the exit got closed.

            One of the techs asked if I could have left at any time. I said "I guess so, but I didn't want you to be trapped here."

            She ran out the door just as it started to close. A zombie had apparently bumped the door controls outside the booth. I shivered my way through the door. I woke up wondering if some Doom or Quake level designer had designed the theater.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home