.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Martian Colony Double Date


      I dreamed last night of a dream journal sketchbook that had a playable game on one of the pages. I was showing it to a couple of women, one petite and slender and one a bit taller and heavier. The game was a sort of multi level side scroller with all of the levels laid out on the page (as it was technically an illustration.) The characters in the game were like the old led cutout animations of old style handheld games. If you tilted the page just right, you could see all of the potential positions.
      After allowing the gals to play through a couple of samples the petite one suggested that we all go out to dinner and went out with my friend, M, to bring back a change of clothing.
      "Do you think we'll see them again," the heavy gal asked.
      "Yes, I have the car keys." I showed her the ignition key for my jump buggy. They arrived back at my dome in relatively short order. The heavy woman and I getting a chance to test out another couple of games I was working on. She seemed genuinely interested, unlike her petite friend, who'd just been paying attention to be polite, and to be near M.
      We heard the airlock cycle and went to see them in. The petite one was in a red scoop-necked skirt that flounced nicely out of the environment suit. She had her hair up in a pony tail with some jeweled combs and long dangling earrings, she'd also put on some makeup.
      "How much to you want to bet she brought me a shapeless knit tube and no makeup or jewelry?"
      "No bet," I thought the tall gal's freckles were makeup enough. "You don't need the makeup, I like your face the way it is."
      Sure enough, the dress the petite one brought was a knit tube. At least it had a dropped neckline and a couple of small cuts at the sides of the legs, so it wasn't completely styleless.
      "Slip it on over the turtleneck and leggings," I took off my belt and wrapped it around her to pull the dress in under her breasts. "That helps it out. You've got a nice shape under there."
      She blushed. "But you'd still rather be seen with her."
      "Not at all, I think we're going to make an elegant couple." I changed into a nice slacks and coat over a turtleneck that matched hers. I pulled her over in front of the window that looked out over the cratered expanse outside and rotated the polarization until it was slate, a good mirror and the only one in the house. "See, we look good together."
      She pulled at her dress and tried to push her hips in. I was looking at her reflection next to mine and thinking that while I did find the petite one good looking, she had snuck over to check herself out in the mirror, then shot a slightly jealous look over at her friend. I thought the heavier taller woman was actually more attractive for being rounder. Even though I knew she found M much more attractive physically, she kept looking over at him in the mirror, as did her friend, I hoped I would make a decent consolation prize. When I took her arm in mine and posed with her she actually smiled, and it was genuine.
      "Anyone for dining on Phobos?" I asked.
      "Oh! Yes, can we?"
      "You bet. My treat." The apartment called and reserved us a table two hours from then, and we all made our way into the jump buggy.
      "This is yours?" the petite one asked M.
      "No, its his." M pointed to me.
      The petite brunette was suddenly more attentive to me. I was looking forward to the two hour flight, half of which would be in micro gravity. The inside of the jump buggy was all maroon leather and cherry wood with brass details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home