.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Nightmares, Soulless Rave, Alien Ninja Invasion

            Again with the nightmares. This time I started in the background listening to a conversation between a couple of young women. The blonde convinced her friend to come along with her to a special midnight event. She then leaked where she was going to her mother. Mom packed up her daughter and followed them over, in order to see what was going on.

            The rave was in an underground amphitheater. The stands were filled with all sorts of creepy looking souls. It dawned on the friend that these souls were, in fact, the soulless, vampires, nosferatu, zombi and werewolves of all stripes. The rows near the door were filled with the ones who would trade sex for safety once the festivities began. (The blonde explained this to her friend as they were finding their seats.)

            The friend nearly panicked. She tapped mom on the shoulder. The blonde was bouncing her smaller sister around, "Gotta tenderize you for the feast," and other such non-endearments. The friend smacked the blonde on the back of the head. "Fine! It doesn't matter anyway!" Blondie slammed the kid down in her mother's lap.

            The friend tugged mom and told her they had to get out of there before they were locked in. They left, hungry eyes following them, and a couple of stalker attached themselves to them. They got past the "protector" crowd and made it out into the hallway. The hallway was full of even seedier looking types. The foyer lead out into the underground parking area, but there were still hundreds of the soulless out there. I noticed elevators nearby and pointed it out, somehow, to the friend. They made for the elevators. Piling into one that arrived. The smiling tall red haired man slammed something into a slot at the top of the elevator and slid it to his right, it lit up a sickly green color. He chuckled as he passed the group, "see you at the party."

            Even mom wasn't tall enough to reach the item and move it. She took her daughter out into the foyer. A couple of the nosferatu were waiting there. I couldn't stay hidden any longer.

            "Get them back in the elevator," I told the friend and reached up out of her to move the object out of the way. The doors immediately began to close.

            "Mommy, go inside," the little one coaxed, but it was too late. Mom was in a hypnotic state, walking towards one of the nosferatu, who just smiled at the friend, until he saw my shadow. He backed away, bumping into the elevator vampire, who was lunging towards the mom and daughter.

            My shadow was huge, wide at the top, with pointed ears, and a head surrounded by a mane. I put a foot in front of the door to slow it down, I knew I couldn't stop it as it was being closed by some force other than the elevator door motors.

            The daughter leaned out into the friends arms and I pulled them both back into the elevator. but we couldn't rescue mom. My arm and hand were enormous, and not fully human. My fingers were stubby and round and the nails were more like cat's claws.  I couldn't hold the doors and without mom running back there was not way I could pull her in and keep the others safe at the same time.

            The friend almost ran back out of the doors when she turned and saw me, but I had her by that time and the doors shut. I faded to nothing as the elevator rode to the upper parking level. I wanted to stay to protect them as they made their way to the car, but couldn't keep myself there. I had to hope the burning innocence of the small daughter and the speed and good sense of the friend would protect them from any stragglers.

            I had the disturbing feeling that I had violated some sort of agreement to interfere as much as I had. I suspect that my horrific dream continence was the only thing that may prevent the soulless ones from realizing that I'd interfered.

 

            The feeling of having trespassed, and now reaping the result carried over into the dream that I had when I fell back to sleep. (I was surrounded by the fur children.) I had one of those wonderful dreams where I could swear I was awake in bed. I could feel the cats pressed against me for warmth, three on my legs and one between N and me, but I could not move, or speak. As I was laying there, a dark woman sat up in bed next to me and leaned over to press her shriveled dead lips against mine, her hand reaching between my legs. I couldn't move. I could feel my breath being pressed out of me as she rolled onto my chest. Suddenly, there was a large cat presence in the room and the night-hag turned to look over her shoulder and fled, leaping away into the ceiling.

            I immediately knew I was sleeping still, and got up (still dreaming) and went outside to see what was on the roof. There was a circular object in the sky hovering over the house; it had five wedge segments lit beneath a black circle with glowing silver glyphs around its circumference and in the sections separating the wedges. The center of the wedges emitted a reddish orange glow, but very dim, like looking into backlit flesh.

            N came out to see what was going on. I moved around to the side of the house. The gate was still the new wooden gate, but the fence portion was the low stone wall with the iron fence on top, like I'd wanted. There were animals of all sorts in the back yard, an elephant, on two legs, but human sized, a jackal headed man, a couple of crocodiles. I think there was a bear and a hyena headed woman. Oddly enough, I wasn't worried about them, I called N over to show her our visitors. She was less than pleased to have a backyard full of uninvited guests, but wasn’t too disturbed by their odd appearance.

            Soon, though, a bunch of people in dark clothing jumped down from the flying disk. They landed on the roof in less than a light footed manner, cracking several of the roofing tiles. The elephant trumpeted and the beings with wings flapped up to the roof to meet the ninja-like beings, driving them over the roof and into the front. I got N into the car, then found myself wrestling a couple of the thick velvety aliens. The Hyena and Jackal brayed and dove at the aliens, driving them off of me. The elephant came over to me and told me I had to stay, no transforming here, let them take care of this.

            I am still not sure what "this" is, but watched as the aliens were driven off down the street.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home