.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Reality Show (Investigator) Convention Game Dreams

            I dreamed I was in a Small town, with really small buildings. N and I had lunch at an Arby's then N parked out on the street in front of some small buildings, about 3/4 scale old west style. She sent me in to get tickets and report to the nominating convention. I went into the lobby of the Dream City theater, and was looking around for some indication of what room I was supposed to go to. A Fat Albert sized security guard found me and walked me to a hallway which was mostly blocked by a large spiral staircase. I had to duck and turn sideways to get through (which is funny as I'm not sure that I'm any thinner sideways now-a-days) 

            The guard told me this was better than going outside the building and trying to make my way around the crowd. He regretted that there was no way he could fit through there and I continued down the hallway on my own. The hall was understandably empty, there was a similar staircase to navigate past on the other end of the hall. Just as I was reaching it, a picture screen flashed to life on the hallway wall. It was made of about 12 smaller displays that up to that moment I had thought were windows into the rest of the mall.

            A woman (who looked a lot like the redhead from Myth Busters) called me by name and indicated that I was agent applicant One Hundred, the final applicant.

            "N set me up for this didn't she."

            The face just smiled. "Your first question has to do with a governor named Ronald, Jessie or Arthur, or Aubrey, oh wait, I read that wrong." She turned away from the camera, "Is this the right question, it doesn't make any sense, what is this name supposed to be."

            I laughed. "Take your time; I'll play along when you figure out what's going on."

            "Thanks" she blushed, "Let me get the question straight."

            "Could you go to the second question? Or would that give the first question away?"

            She flipped the card over. "Gives the first one away."

            "Was the last name on the first card Arnold?"

            "Yes, I think it could be."

            “As in Schwarzenegger?  Say, Governors who used to be actors, or performers. From a usually Liberal industry who became conservative politicians.

            "Yeah, Ok, I think I can give you the first one."  She flipped the card. "And the second one, and the third."  She looked at the third card. "OK how am I supposed to explain this question?"

            "Cover up the answer and show me the card?"

            "Right."

            She turned to an offstage presence. "OK, sure." She carefully covered the answer and held the card up to the camera. It was a classic physics question that looked tricky until you realized it was an equal and opposite forces, a trick question.

            Since the forces are equal and opposite the answer is right in the question, 120 foot pounds.

            "You're in. I'm sure having a bad day on reading these cards."

            "Maybe your contacts have just dried out."

            "You can tell I'm wearing contacts?"

            "Your face is twenty feet high out here, of course I can tell. Besides, you can record your part later and edit it into the scene.” I waved at the hidden camera, having just figured out where it was located.

            "You should be one of our writers."

            "I'd probably like that better than whatever you're going to do to me."

            "Hold on a second, I'm going to rinse my eyes and I'll be back to give you your assignment, One Hundred."

            "Couldn't you just call me One Double O."

            "I like that," then as she was moving off, "Seriously, can we just hire him?"

            I still have no idea what this was about, but it was certainly N's doing, and very entertaining. I suspect the outtake reels would be funnier than the show. I don't know where the secret agent thing came from unless it was from the conversation last night with AH.

 

            A second dream was really just a snippet of images of dice rolling and counters being shuffled from sheet to table and then being put into an "injury" bucket. I think I was at a convention table with about 6 players and myself, plus a number of onlookers. I only recognized SCV among the cast for this event.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home