.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Substitute Coaching, and River World

            I dreamed I was back at MCHS and was asked to take over the cheer squad supervision for a "short time". That "short time" ended up being all of football season, including our playoffs. In the dream I got to meet a lot of hot moms, as they had to be part of all our trips as chaperones. The cool part is that we had lots of spirited cheering from our crowds.

            We didn't win our playoff games, but they were close.

 

            In another dream I was in a small boat with N. We had oars, but that wasn't getting us anywhere very fast, and N was getting very tired. I found a long fairly straight branch and used a tarp from our equipment to make a sail. Although the rig was far from being the most efficient mast and sail ever seen, N didn't have to row any more, and I just had to drop the oar into the water and hold it as a rudder, not something I'd want to do for hours at a time, but every so often we would take a tack that would allow me to relax for a bit.

I figured that when we stopped for the evening, I would be able to pull ashore and we could make a keel board to attach to the side of the boat. There water wasn’t salty like an ocean, and sometimes I could see shore to the left and right and sometimes I couldn’t. It was like we were on some massively long and occasionally wide river or lake system.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home