.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Flying Cars, Drafted


      Earlier in the night I had a set of powerful images and sounds, even woke up. I was too sleepy to get the sketchbook out and make notes, so the details are gone. I've always wondered why it is easy to remember that I woke up from an interesting dream, rather than to just remember the interesting dream. "It's the End of the World as You Know it" was blasting through the dream, and there were large chunks of planet floating everywhere in a sort of Flash Gordon universe. I was driving a Muscle car like my old Plymouth, but it had all electronic instrumentation, and it was able to jump from one chunk of planet, across the space to other chunks of planet. There was some sort of problem in that there weren't roads on every chunk, so sometimes we moved just by jumping from spot to spot.
      I was certain that all this jumping was bad for the car, as it was already at least thirty years old.

      I dreamed N and I were working on the back end of a car. I was trying to put stuff back together, and N was taking the bumper off. I don't think this was the same as the car from the earlier dream. There was also a different sound track playing along with it.

      I was playing a 3d Holographic game with several friends. The images were in a four foot cube in the center of my living room. We could reach into the cube with a wand and click on our pieces and then move them where they could legally move, clicking again to release them. I was able to control the lighting and the structure of the game board. We RP'd a little yesterday, and this is the sort of thing I'd really love to have. Virtual Miniatures.

      Again with the car stuff. This time I had myself and three other stuffed in little red. (A Honda Insight - two seater.) My passengers were stacked two on the passenger seat; a woman and her pre-teen kid. The woman's teenage daughter was curled up on the back deck and she kept hitting the back of my seat with her knees. I knew the weight limit of the car was dangerously exceeded, but didn't seem to have a choice if we were all going to be safe. I was a little ticked at N for only taking 3 other people in her car, when it can actually seat 5 and still have room under the hatchback. She'd evacuated with the neighbors several minutes before I even started loading people into my car.
      As she was driving away she said something about meeting in Wisconsin. I didn't think we'd have enough gas to get there, and we were supposed to stop at the local HS to drop people off for shelter until the helicopters could lift them out. Why "they" wouldn't lift us out, I don't know the answer. I knew we were on our own for getting out. I planned on going back for the cats, as there wasn't anything happening right away. (If at all.)

      The shadows tried to sneak in through the back yard, again. The black leopard intercepted them, it had help from three or four other cats this time. I was a little bit worried for the smaller cats, but they suffered no injuries.

      Took a nap. I dreamed I was drafted to work on computers and was sent to Saudi Arabia. When our bus sailed into the harbor we got off and joined a local game of Over the Line. Our Lt kept reminding us not to insult the locals and not to stick our left hand on our face. The women on the bus refused to be left out and one caused quite a stir when she hopped off the bus in her modest (for our country) swim suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home