.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Civil War (Reconstruction) Era Dreams

            Yesterday morning had a Civil War era dream. A young Union officer came to a large plantation house and the owner, an elderly man who was versed in "Things Man was not Meant to Know" greeted him. They argued a bit, then the old man challenged the officer to a duel on the condition that he read a scroll first. The officer wanted the house, so agreed, figuring there was no way he would lose a duel to the old man.

            The scroll contained a lot of information about the nature of reality, the spirit of man and places being the same. Lots of highly condensed newage plus creepy stuff.

            The men met in front of the town in the field of honor, and the old man chose to dual with knives, even though he knew the officer was an expert. The officer wins in a couple of seconds, but is disturbed that the old man's soul will now become the soul of the field of honor. He tries to use what he read in the scroll to protect the field and the town, which works, but leaves his body empty for the old man.

            This, of course was the old man's plan all along, so he now walked back to the plantation in his new, young form. He buys the field outside of town and turns it into a graveyard for the unknown and indigent.

 

            This morning, more weird dreams. Somehow I found myself and my brother in a post Civil War era city. My Brother and I were on the lamb for a murder. Not really something that either of us is likely to be involved in. Not sure who we were supposed to have killed, either.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home