.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Terrorist Attack, Wet Dream

            The anniversary of the 9/11 attacks has been on my mind. I dreamed that the old HS I used to work at was being attacked by Osprey riding terrorists. Somehow I managed to be ready for them with my hunting rifle. Unfortunately, like in most of my previous dreams, although I could shoot the aircraft (causing engine failure) I couldn’t actually shoot the terrorists, unless I shot them in the leg or butt. If I aimed for any head or torso shot the trigger wouldn't even pull.

            This was a big clue that I was dreaming, and I complained about it verbally in the dream, but otherwise the dream just kept moving right along and I kept shooting the invaders in their legs until I was out of ammunition. (Didn't help that I could only fire 5 rounds at a time without reloading. (No clip for the rifle, so 4 in the magazine and one in the chamber was all I got. I had two boxes of bullets, but didn't think I would get to shoot more than one reload, as soon as the terrorists figured out that I could only fire a few rounds at a time they would just rush my position. (I was in a planter overlooking the parking lot where the Osprey had landed.)

            I don’t know why I could shoot the other Osprey like aircraft and cause them to crash when I couldn’t shoot a person directly. I’m not sure how my brain is rationalizing that. Perhaps I figure it’s gravity that’s killing them rather than me, still, it doesn’t make any sense.

 

            The second dream of the morning was much nicer. N and I were having a little cuddle, pretty much a repeat of rather delightful past experiences.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home