.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Underwater Tables, the Dream that Wouldn't End.

            Again, the dream where I'm in a harbor, walking on folding tables that are just below the surface of the water. This time there was a little twist. I was trying to fold them all up and get them back to the dock. There was a chain-link fenced area under the dock to store the tables. I would walk out to the end of the line of table and pick the end one up, bring it up to the one I was standing on and fold it up, then trudge it all the way back to the storage unit. All the while I am doing this task the tide is surging, lifting some of the tables and moving them out of line. I also notice that every trip out, though not as far at the previous, the water is a little bit deeper. I finally started folding and returning two at a time. About four tables from being complete I realized that I was just dreaming, and didn't really have to complete this task the way it was set to me. I jumped off the table into the water and folded the last of the tables while standing on the rocky bottom of the bay, then brought them all in.

            The dream wouldn't end. I was wading around wondering what I was supposed to do. My task was complete. The water was rising; I was able to climb up onto the dock. There were no boats tied up, and the small shack at the head of the dock was closed for the season. I could see other boats out in the water, but I knew none of them were coming to my dock. I started looking around, but there wasn't anything on the land's end of the dock. It was as though the dream wasn't supposed to go any further than that; the set was incomplete. I thought it would be nice to sail out onto the bay, but I didn't have a boat to do that with. I paced the length of the dock, hoping I would dry out in the last of the sun's rays, I didn't think it would be very warm once the sun went down. All the while I am aware that I am dreaming all this, but no wanting to take control and make the dream go somewhere else or end. It was as though I was trying to figure out something from this, and I just wasn't getting it.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home