.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Convention Cat

            Last night's adventure took place at another convention, this time T-Rex and I were staying in a hotel. T was having a tough time with the maids, they were frightening him, and he didn't want to stay in the room, so I dumped my backpack and he hopped in to ride along as I made my way through the convention. There was a long segment of the dream where I was navigating my way through the convention hotel, getting in an argument with the Concierge, until I pointed out that “Since this hotel allows pets in the rooms, how are they supposed to get in and out?”

T-Rex just cowered in the bottom of the bag until we got to the convention itself. Then he was all nose and ears trying to check out what was going on. Apparently he likes Science Fiction fans. He caused a little bit of a ruckus when he jumped out of the bag and sat on the table at one of the panels. He was purring so loud the mic was picking him up.

            I ended up telling the crowd how he just hated the vacuum cleaners at the hotel, and loved the attention. He would only be appearing until the room was vacuumed, then we’d be going back.  He stretched and flopped down in front of the name tag, then used it as a pillow.

            There was a low "Awwww," from nearly every female in the room. I knew I was getting laid that night.

            "I should bring you along more often."

            The panel continued without further interruption. We were talking about building game worlds and my points were mostly about how culture is really about how people behave. A game world, while needing visual and SFX wonders, mostly needs characters that behave in consistent ways with/towards/about those wonders and SFX. All during the panel T-Rex snoozed on the nametag and when we were done he climbed up and hugged me like usual.  More “Awww”s from the audience. I decided to bring him back to the convention after a litter box break.

            Several people followed us, one asking if I needed a kitty sitter. I think the cat was more popular that I was.

 

            It is nice to be taking a break from the nightmares.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home