.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rally Car Surfing, An Unexpected Kiss

            N was driving in a road rally, when we decided to swap her car. She got into her old Miata. It was stripped down for racing. She turned to go down a really steep hill with deep gullies running through it. There was lots of slipping and sliding down the slope. I was going to follow in Little Red, but knew that my ground clearance was even less than the Miata's. I decided to go around the long way. (I was not apparently being timed for the race.) I shouted down to meet at the check point.

            At that time water began to well up from the gullies and I decided that I could hydroplane down the slope in Little Red. I did so, but riding on top like the car was a surfboard. Somehow, that not only worked, but I got to the checkpoint before N. The Miata needed to have the water sponged out of it. All of the carpet was soaked so we removed it. I replaced the passenger seat with a computer console and a voice activated GPS system with night vision front and rear facing cameras. We took the top completely off of the vehicle and stored it in the back of Little Red. I also was carrying extra fuel. I started out on the course two hours before N so I would be in a good position to fuel her up. (This was a desert flat out run for nearly 300 miles; she would be out of gas by the time she got across the desert, so I was going to be her portable pit stop.)

 

            That was followed by a dream where I was being kissed by a friend of ours, just because N had been telling her about it, how the fur makes it different, and she was curious. OK by me....

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home