.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Farm Office, Convention Game

            I dreamed I owned a small storefront office with just a reception desk, a conference room (about 4 chairs around a small table with a whiteboard, and a private office. The lobby area was floor to ceiling bookcases with a hidden passage to a flight of stairs. The upstairs area was a huge warehouse with grow lights all along the ceiling and skylights. There were more than a hundred walnut and macadamia trees. There was a watering system and a conveyor belt system between the rows of trees. The conveyor belts fed into a small packaging area at one end of the warehouse. There was a freight elevator that opened up on a loading dock at the end of the building down below. In addition to the trees, it seems we were also growing green beans and tomatoes as well as parsley and clover. I had ventilation from the green belt down into my offices below.

            I also dreamed I was running a convention game of Spare Parts with several pog sized tokens to represent the characters, items and SFX. I was also using cards from dozens of CCGs, most of them old ratty cards the convention players had been donating over the years. I was using scans of CCG cards under photos of origami models to represent the bad guys on the encounter maps. The maps easily morphed because I was using a flat panel, like a 24 inch, on the desktop facing upwards and a laptop as my Junk Master's screen. I think dream started with the table actually built around a 24 inch flat front CRT monitor that was mounted flush, but the dream changed it into the flat panel as it progressed. While the game was running, I invited spectators to run a card through my scanner, and I would add it to the game. That got a lot of action going. As characters entered left the story I would invite spectators to join the team.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home