.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Building Lobby

            I had multiple detailed dreams which were quite complex and jumped around a lot. At this point I remember waking up thinking "I've got to remember this," giving a short description, that I have now completely forgotten. All I remember is being in the lobby of a large glass fronted office building looking out across a courtyard of dark slabs of slate or other grey stone fit together in large curved pattern. There was some water fountain of dark granite, probably a sphere in the center about 12 feet tall or more. There were two women in grey suits, one in pants the other in a skirt, but with nearly identical jackets and pinstripes, walking away from me out of the building. A person in a red blazer was crossing in front of the fountain and another in a white or beige overcoat was standing on the other side of the fountain but not really looking in this direction. I remember thinking how empty the courtyard looked for this time of day. I could hear the low level lobby music, the radio of the guard in the kiosk behind me, and the ever present low rumble of the city outside.

            All other images and plots are gone, just that moment, very real and intense, remains stuck in my head.

 

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home