.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Performing Last Minute Without a Full Script

            I dreamed last night of being in a play. Lots of problems, I'd been brought in only half hour before the show, and the script was nearly gibberish. We ran through the first act, it wasn't too bad, and I was behind a counter the whole act, so I was able to keep the script in front of me. The curtain went up, and instead of the lone prospector driving his mining cart through my gift-shop / museum, the cart was full of the customers, who were not supposed to show up to act II, they being the build of the problem. Even they seemed to notice their error and the performance ground to a halt while anyone tried to find a way to adlib our way out of it.

            I finally dropped over the front of the counter with a set of jerks and twists. "Oh, No more, what a nightmare!, Oh! I hope I wake up soon." It took a couple of minutes but they finally got it and left. The prospector came back on with the cart, I woke up and we started the play at the beginning. The stage manager caught my attention and asked if we should start over. "No way, but find me act II script!"  I had taken a moment during some of the action that didn't include me to read ahead, only there was no ahead in my copy of the script.

 

Ad astra per technica,

Douglas Nicoll

LAN Administrator

ITS Helpdesk 8801 2260

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home