.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Plane Crash Survivor

            I dreamed I was on a plane, wide bodied, that had been pulled into a strange purple and white sky. I could tell the plane was no longer flying. There was a heavy set man with a pistol near the front of the plane. I kicked him in the groin and took the gun away.  Unfortunately he'd already fired several shots into the cabin before I got there. There were several passengers who'd been shot, and he'd fallen near a soft cat carrier with a white cat in it. Everyone grew quiet; the plane was only about half full. The attendants were trying to calm passengers, although most of the passengers were looking out the windows into the churning purple.

            Figures approached parallel to the direction of the plane. They were feminine dressed in white robes that gleamed orange from a sun that we could not see. A group of them broke away from their formation and angled over to the plane while the rest of them moved past. They swept into the plane, pulling souls as they went, each person they touched falling back into their seats as if sleeping. I stopped a young looking one and asked about the kitty. She bent down and scooped its soul, but it didn't fall over like the people. She shrugged and took the soul of a kid a couple of seats behind where I was.

            A more matronly looking angel admonished her team to hurry, she looked at her watch. I noticed that not everyone was taken, including me. I asked what was going on with that. “Someone else will be along for them,” She said with some distaste.

            "And Me?"

The Matron looked at me as though seeing me for the first time.

            "No, you don't go to either."

            The angels started looking nervous and eventually all of them exited out of the cabin, just as a large 600 pound checked shirt, dirty jeans wearing, unshaved man lurched onto the plane through the closed hatch. The injured hijacker screamed in terror. The cat ran from the demon.

"He has to be bad if a soulless cat would run away from him."

            "He is that. Take these," the matronly angel handed me some chocolate covered donut holes sealed in a plastic bag, the shiny riffle edged sort of bag that circus peanuts come in.

            "Thanks, what..."

            "Keep them safe, you'll know when to use them."

            "Thanks, sure." I scooped up the kitten, too, somehow, in the process giving it a bit of my soul. The demon no longer had any interest in the cat.

            "You are really odd." The matronly woman looked at me sideways and ran through the closed cabin doors.

            The demon looked at me, "Git, I'm not here for you." I could smell the mold as he shouldered his way past. I could hear shouts of terror from the back. I wanted to save those people, but suddenly I was waking up in wreckage, holding the mewling kitten. I climbed out of the debris field, somehow managing to avoid the reporters. The ambulance attendants let me keep the kitten.

After the doctors looked at me I checked myself out and a nurse brought me the cat. She drove me home to where all my stuff was being sold at a garage sale. It seems no one had bothered to tell any one that there'd been a survivor.

            "That was fast." I had set the donut holes down to hug mom and N; some one had opened them so I interrupted my hug to take the package back. I ended up sucking on one of the too sweet confections, not really knowing why I needed to, just that I did.

When I did, several things changed, and some of the more dangerous looking kids suddenly felt the need to be elsewhere and ran off. The bikes they were on tipped over, and, a moment later, kids showed up to claim them.

            "OK, that's some sort of special power. We'd better be careful, eh Kitten."

            "Meow." 

            A person stopped in a Lincoln Town Car and bought all the comics for a few thousand dollars! Another stopped and bought all the show T-shirts and sweat shirts for a thousand more. I told N and Mom to keep the money, "I'm not going to need it." I then walked off with the kitty to go find out what I was supposed to do with the rest of the donut holes. No one seemed to notice.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home