.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Visiting Dream

Visiting MS's new apartment.

N and I were in a back room teaching a petite blonde girl how to play one of my new board games. (Something with a board like a monopoly board but with Egyptian like symbols around its outer edge.) Each player had a dice pool and the items you could land on could add or subtract from that pool, either temporarily, or permanently. It was a much stripped down version of the SH game I've been working on recently. N wasn't really playing, being not much for board games. While we were playing N got out the collection of miniatures I had painted up for the convention version of the game board (The board was 4 foot square and covered with obelisks, pyramids and various miniatures of Egyptian statues.) The player pawns were miniatures of archaeologists and reporters. The girl was really enchanted by the miniatures. "I can't wait to play at the convention."
"If you learn it well enough, would you like to be one of the demonstration team?"
"You bet!"
N pointed out that we were here to visit with M, so should make our way out to see what he was up to.
What M was up to was playing host to a couple of dozen folks out on his patio. He was juggling for the crowd and telling stories, so we waved and went to find something to drink.
There was a young woman in the living room who was confounded by a rolling stretcher, trying to collapse it down. While lending her a hand I found out that she'd dropped out of HS but was planning on attending the continuation HS in my district to finish her last 15 credits.
I stopped her from crushing her fingers in the stretcher a couple of times, and N finally came over to lend a hand as well. The paramedics who belonged to the stretcher came back in from M's show and took the stretcher back out to their truck, amazed that the student girl had been able to figure it out. The male paramedic was hitting on her pretty hard until the female paramedic coughed out "Jailbait" under her breath. That was pretty funny. The student laughed, and pointed out that she was actually 19. The female paramedic just grabbed her partner by the arm and towed him away to the buffet. N suddenly got very cuddly on me. "I don't imagine white haired network admins are on her radar." I told N.
We went out to visit with MS, who, as is common at such events, lamented that we need to schedule time to get together on a weekend where he's not busy.
"Email," I said, "I still have the same address."
"Oh! Yeah, mine changed again." M gave it to me on a business card. Soon the crowd was back and M had to go light the grill or something, I went back into the kitchen for another grape soda, the blonde girl was sitting on the kitchen table, she flashed a breast as I went by to the refridgerator.
"That's very cute, don't ever change it."
She blushed, covered up quickly, apparently I wasn't the intended target of the flash.
Student girl doubled over, laughing. We got involved in another conversation, this time figuring out that we could carpool in the mornings, I could easily stop and drop her off near school before I rolled into work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home