.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Auburn Demoness, Space Pirates Repulsed

I awoke from the first dream of the night, I'd come home from work to find an auburn haired woman in a revealing corset making food in my kitchen. I spun her around to ask what had happened to N when I caught scent of her. A combination of womanly desire and cinnamon. She grabbed me and kissed me. Haven't been kissed like that for quite awhile. I found myself kissing my way down her centerline and quite entranced. I managed to finally pull myself from between her thighs and took a deep breath turned away from her. I could suddenly make out the tail and horns. I didn't want to pull away, but wanted to at the same time. I was very concerned for N's safety. The demon's tail wrapped around my chest, trying to crush me. That is when I awoke with an asthma issue. I managed to clear my lungs and fall back asleep almost immediately.

There were random snippits after that, my day at work, being frustrated at not being able to connect by remote to a system to fix a font size issue that no matter how detailed the instructions I gave, the person on the other end could not make it work.

Downtown at the SD convention center, not at Comic Con, a game convention or an Anime Festival, but at a rug show. Thousands of Asian and Middle Eastern carpets. Lots of pattern and colors. Many of them with color changing patterns, like the inside of your eyelids after rubbing them from coming inside out of the bright sun. I was with K from work, she was giving me the tour and pointing out which ones were Iranian, which ones Iraqi, which from Syria or Jordan, which from Turkey and Kurdistan. She said she couldn't really help with the Tibetan or Nepalese as she had not spent any time in those parts of the Middle East. That lead to a conversation of how China considered them part of ancient China. She just muttered that the Chinese, and India for that matter, were wrong.

I was then part of a Lunar base, working on space ships that utilized captured alien technology. We were working to beat a deadline, and the only reason I was involved was that a couple of the engineers were former students. They had recommended me because I could solder and had lots of computer experience, as well as some degree of creativity. We managed to create several small ships with boarding pods. When the space pirates returned, we flew out to meet them in a living ship (which seemed to really like me.) We launched in the boarding pods, those of us who were not really engineers or were otherwise expendable or volunteered. I was a little of both, even though my engineer sponsors argued with me not to go. I had my Christmas present, a cold soldering iron and extra tips. My job, after shooting my way past a couple of pirate troopers, was to make my way down to the communications room and remove the control and jamming equipment.
This had a very Farscape feel to it. I didn't have a regular weapon, as we didn't want to damage the inside of the ship. Ours had taught us that this was like swallowing a pop rock, it might not kill you, but it wouldn't tickle. I was armed with a six shot taser. The idea was that I would take the pirate stunners off of them. Only issue was that none of the pirates had stunners, they all had big plasma rifles, which I just unloaded and took the ammunition with me. The aliens were quite a Henson mix, not a one of them looked like a human in a rubber suit. I did end up with a couple of insect like prisoners. They surrendered indicating that the taser would be fatal to them. They actually ended up having collars on them that I removed with the soldering iron, at which point they started helping me by indicating what to remove from the ship's communication organs. As soon as that was accomplished our ship convinced their ship to surrender and open up all the docking bays for us to come aboard and remove her infestation.
The pirates seemed quite taken aback that we had somehow managed to put together a fleet of more than a dozen ships in less than the month they'd been gone. Of course, the kept telling us we'd regret this when the dreadnought arrived. Then we surprised them in turn by revealing that we were not waiting for the dreadnought to return, we were going after it, liberating all of the living cargo and troop ships along the way. The troop ships looked a great deal like a cross between the Star Wars Hoth Troop ships and the Farscape Moya ships. Our ships looked a whole lot like two destroyer decks put together on top of a gun deck, and the intruders looked like a large 12 foot bullet with a pair of thrusters mounted every 90 degrees and three feet apart. There was a hatch in the back end and the windows in the front slid away when docked with the external docking ports of a living ship. This led to no end of rude comments from the space marines about being ejaculated into service and "I'm ready to come!" being shouted into the mic, just before we made it aboard.

By the time we reached the dreadnought we'd "liberated" about 14 cargo vessels and a couple of dozen tenders. One was a six ship supply convoy headed for the dreadnought. The Insect crew aboard were happy to be free, and helped us approach the dreadnought as it was preparing to bombard another world into submission. We contacted the world to let them know that resistance was not futile, and managed to take out the entire first salvo of nuclear missiles in space mere yards in front of the dreadnought. They started to power up their jump drive but we already had about fifty strike teams aboard. I was not allowed to go on the actual boarding mission, I was in command of one of the six living ships, connected via a slimy rope of neural tissue into its communication and sensor network. I managed to connect to the hull of the dreadnought, my ship complaining that she was likely to get pregnant this way. Four others of the group managed to get connected before the dreadnought jumped away with us attached. While in the jump my ship made me promise that we would raise her child properly and not let it become a slave ship. I ended up being the senior captain, so the ship relayed all of the details of the mission which I hadn't been previously privy too. I sent the smallest cargo ship back to the fleet with our position, as there was likely to be enough space on the remaining four vessels to take her strike teams back aboard. It didn't look like we would need to. As our strike teams progressed, they released the insect aliens, and they picked up weapons and joined our cause, treating me like a hive leader and reporting directly back through the ships communication network. It seems they evolved with the ships. Sadly, they had no queens themselves, as the pirates had killed them all. They were dying out. I promised them that when these pirates were dealt with we would find a free ship with a hive and take on a queen for them to serve and breed with. Some offered to breed with me, but I tried to explain that breeding really wouldn't work. I gave my sold soldering iron to one of the insects, and he took a crew aboard to start freeing the dreadnought. That team were able to convince the rest of their pirate slaves to revolt along with them, risking the punishment of the collar even. When I found out the dreadnought was also a living ship, I had overridden the orders to destroy it with nuclear charges, and successfully recalled those six strike teams and rearmed them with combat engineers.

I was not certain of our victory when the dream ended, but knew I would be able to evacuate our troops and a significant number of the aliens if the tide of battle did turn against us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home