.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Dream Car, Ghost House.

Too much has gone on since dreaming last night to remember many details, but I did have a flying car. It was a deep maroon color, with a tan leather interior. The vehicle controls were pretty basic, with only the addition of tilting steering wheel for controlling the up and down motion.

I also dreamed of the dream world house. I had finished some alterations on the back downstairs bathroom, it was now open into the back yard. I had added a sliding glass door, frosted with very intricate honeysuckle pattern scroll work. Opening the sliders I stepped out into a large saffron orange circular canvas tent. The tent was peaked in the center, but without a central pole. There were some sort of S shaped wire poles that created a rounded wall and a concave curved roof. The effect was very warm and bright at the same time. The tent was about 40 foot around and there were about 24 "poles." I could see the shadows of the top of the s curves outside the tent, each had a wire leading back down to the tangent on the sidewall and then to the ground outside. There was another opening down the slope towards the side of the house that bordered the walking trail. (I think I had mentioned that in an earlier dream.) I liked how each of the poles was custom made for the location it was connected to. One of the ghosts came out into the tent with a tray of lemonade.
"Will this be your part of the house when you pass on?"
"I haven't really thought about it."
"We each inhabit our own favorite parts, you know."
"Seems sort of limiting."
"Some liked less than others, Sir."
"Thank you. I like the house, and you, all." I took the lemonade and set the tray on a small table next to a lounge. The ghost vanished and I walked around the perimeter of the tent making sure there was enough space for the smaller animals to make their rounds. I wondered if I could find some shade loving plants that would survive, as almost nothing else had to date. I thought that if I brought them in and left them in large planters, that might work. I think the rocky ground was cursed from some previous owner's experiments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home