.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hot Water, Hypno Sword, Missing Wallet

Dreamed the tub had filled almost to overflowing with hot water.

Dreamed I was at Mom and Dad's when the sky turned dark and a maniac with a hypnotic sword tried to brainwash a bunch of my friends. I jumped in and planted the suggestion that they wouldn't be susceptible to brainwashing/hypnotism, except to listen to me. When the sword guy got close I pretended to be hypnotized with my friends. I waited until he was in the center of our group then shouted "get him." He wasn't expecting that at all. I managed to shatter the sword on the first blow. At which point his following wandered off, confused about why they'd walked all the way down the mountain with that scruffy looking guy. My friends and I offered to give everyone rides home, and Mom made coffee cake for the ones who would have to wait for the second trip (Too many to take all at once.) Dad held the Hypnotist for the sheriff's Department. I got a thank-you kiss from a cute red-haired woman.

There was a third dream this morning, mundane preparing to go to someplace, getting there, and finding that I had left my wallet at home in another pair of pants. I offered to stay while my date took the car back to my place and brought back my wallet. The manager didn't like that, so called the police. They arrived. When I told them what I wanted to do they drove me back to the house, I pulled my wallet out of my other pants, we went back and paid him.
"You're not going to arrest them?"
"Someone from their party stayed here until the bill was paid. Isn't that usually how restaurants work?" asked one of the police.
The owner fumed. Especially since I paid him with a hundred, and he had to make change. Which he counted out incorrectly the first time. (To his credit, of course.)
While all this was going on the waiting room emptied and several new patrons actually got up and walked out before ordering.
"Don't ever come back here!"
"What, in your treatment of us this evening, would entice me to return here, or recommend you to my readers?"
The owner actually cringed when my date handed me a notebook she'd been writing in.
Not that we were really reviewers, but what a great exit. Who ever I was dating was definitely a keeper, what a great adlib.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home