.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Fever Dream

The cats, though spayed and neutered, began to multiply. I thought it was difficult to sleep when one fluffy kitten was in weasel mode, in my dreams there were 5 of them, plus their mother Chloe Lumpkin, Queen of the Toasty Shelf. They kept jumping on my stomach and pulling off the covers. It was too cold to get up and put them all out of the room. When I finally did get up, they were all lying in a line at the end of the bed with one eye half open, pretending to be asleep. It is tough to stay mad when they're so darned cute.

When I woke this morning I was disappointed that they weren't real. (Although, realistically, we have plenty of cats.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home