.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Red Haired Interloper

Dreamed N and I were returning home from some small shopping adventure. The front door was open. We came inside and noticed the hall closet was open, and around the corner, the linen closet. I heard splashing. Making our way around back there was a chubby redhead in the hottub. N and I looked at one another, silently asking, "Friend of yours?" with our eyebrows. We both shook our heads "no" at the same time.
The woman stood up and covered herself with one of our towels. I didn't see any other clothing. We opened the sliding glass door and apologized for locking herself out. All of the doors had been locked, and she didn't have any clothing at all, or other possessions. She was completely, new. N's pants fit her, but she was too busty to wear any of N's tops, so I loaned her a T-shirt and plaid flannel shirt. She pulled her red hair into a pony tail leaving a set of wet bangs from her ears forward.
N made a comment about that being a pretty masculine haircut. I didn't find it so at all.
We all sat down around the small table and I micro waved some burritos for lunch. Before it lunch was over N was asking if we could keep her. I tried to point out that this wasn't a cat or dog, it was a person who was obviously missing from somewhere, even if she couldn't tell us where. I finally agreed to a compromise. We would take her to the sheriff so she could start to find out who she was, and we would set her up on the futon in the living room. I was still confused about how she'd gotten into the house since it was locked.
She didn't have an answer, other than that she thought she lived here.

I also dreamed a moral of the story groaner for a short fiction bit I'm working on with SV. "Ask not for whom the Mel trolls, the Mel trolls for thee."

Short hypnopompic moment when falling asleep, a bright clear voice calling my name. I wanted to respond but could not move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home