.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Just Another Work Day, Dream

Dreamed I went to work at my old work site in the new building. I arrived early to set up the computers in the Band room Offices. After getting every system set up I was starting the process of updating the Email clients when I got a page from my boss. The phone would only connect to one of the other sites band rooms, the person answering has been dead for a couple of years now.
I managed to find another office with a phone that was working. My boss wanted to know where I was. The site assistant principal couldn't find me and had called her. I told her there was no one in when I got here, so I just left email for them as to where I would be working. She asked me to stop what I was doing and go check in with them as they had something that they felt was a high priority.
I left a note for Maestro T letting him know that I would return to finish their email setup when their AP let loose. I went over to the office where the AP kept me waiting for almost half an hour.
I could have finished the setups by the time he saw me. It turns out that the principal wanted me to go work on the band room office as soon as I got there. He was flustered when I explained that was where I was, and that I only had about 20 minutes of work to finish it up. He started to complain that I hadn't checked in when I arrived. I pointed out that there was no one in the office when I arrived, so I had emailed him my plan for the morning. Sure enough, my email was sitting in his inbox, unopened. I managed to be polite and non sarcastic throughout the interview, but it was difficult.

I really hate it when I dream about work. Don't I spend enough time there as it is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home