.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Naptime Yesterday

In a drama class. We were doing improv and I kept getting moved to the back of the line. It didn't look like I was going to get a chance to go. It seems the instructor was very worried about what I might say in front of the audience.

Later I was outside in a cafe. All of the tables and public sitting areas had display lights that indicated the "Appropriateness" of the conversation. If there was nothing offensive no lights would show. If there was potential illegal content, or "lies" detected or proposed, the light would be green. Lies of course defined by our government. If there was building issues, or potentially dangerouse talk, the light would be amber. If the talk was ruled illegal or seditious, it would turn red. Every where I sat the light would immediately turn green. I was on probation for a "Parking" violation. I had let my car's bumper overlap the sidewalk in front of my house while I was unloading long shelves out the back. The judge had given me 5 years probation! It was very clear that the probation was not for the "parking violation" the government really didn't like Stellanova News. Since I knew that, everytime I told someone I was on probation for a parking violation, the light would immediately switch to amber, after all, I was lying. All I had to do was insist, and then the light would turn red. Sure enough, everyone at the table would be brought in for questioning. Eventually they would have to be told, yeah, "there was a glitch," he really is just on probation for a parking violation. The result being that a few more people would know that the government was hiding something. I would, of course, insist on a public hearing, where indeed the result would be that I was telling "the truth" and therefore it had been a wrongful arrest. Nothing would happen, of course, other than the state would pay my attorney's fees. I got to write it up as it was legitimate news, and of course, I would get myself into further trouble with the unseen rulers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home