.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Video Game

Black screen with vector looking graphics that gave way to 3d renderings when Zoomed in close enough. It was really a sort of heads up display. I was using a lot of blue energy and the enemy was hitting me and draining my red Life orb, kind of like Diablo II. My side of the combat was flying batmen, giant scorpions, foot soldiers firing some sort of bio weapon that melted the armor and arms of our opponents. My main tank was a giant skeleton that fired bolts of lightning and swirling kinetic energy.
 The enemy was rifle carrying soldiers, grenade launchers, mortars, and two tanks. The skeleton was able to smash the tanks with lightning, and  that seemed to disrupt them long enough for the ground troops to soak them in acid and melt them down. The mortars were giving us the most trouble, at least until I tasked the batmen to dive bomb them with bio grenades. That kept them down long enough for the scorpions to burst from the ground and overwhelm them. The battle ended just as my life orb was about to empty. I had emptied my magic pool as well. It was a costly victory. I raised up several of the dead enemy and they took up their former weapons and some from my fallen soldiers, as their own had been melted.
 I checked my heads up display for my troops, they were in pretty bad condition. I was checking the map for a location to withdraw to, as my group had penetrated more deeply into enemy territory than the rest of the line. We decided that our hill was the most defensible position around, unless the enemy moved mortars into position. I prepped my troops to pull out and sent the fliers up again to keep tabs on the location of our support and the enemy. It was my intention to withdraw if the enemy even feinted towards our supply line. Every time my energy recharged enough I raised up an enemy trooper as my own.

There was a snippet (far too short of another dream) Strawberry blond "teacher" gal with some, uh, interesting, teaching aids.

ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home