.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Back to School

College classes on the balcony of an amphitheater type area. This is a recurring location that I have a great deal of trouble describing after waking for some reason. I will have to lay out the thing in a drawing or plans, though it might have a dreamlike 4d quality to it that is difficult to even illustrate. Each lecture area has a large glass wall overlooking the stage/performance area. The walls that separate the lecture halls are soundproof, but there is no ceiling but the amphitheater dome, so there is always a little sound leakage from other events. The lights for each lecture area dangle from 40 ft cables, and seem to be retractable. The sound system is also variable.

We were trying to get the lecture to simulcast in three different meeting rooms on the balcony, but skip others. The control panel was laid out with green and amber LEDs, in the same pattern as the schedule filter I saw yesterday for our High School's lab days. Funny what gets recycled in my brain.

This morning I was sitting outside the amphitheater talking to a woman who had a copy of Richard Adams' Watership Down. It was an illustrated edition that I had never seen before. While I was really trying to see how interested she might be in hooking up with me, I really found the book interesting, and knew I had her when I opened the book to the publisher's page and Jotted the information down in my journal.
"I thought you were just hitting on me!" She said.
 I was, but a great edition of a book is still a great edition of a book. "There's more to life than hitting on good looking brunettes. Not much more, but some, like redheads, and blondes."

--
ad astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home