.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fluffy Greycloud and the Rocket of DOOM!

Large Grey and White Tuxedo cat was the ringleader of a strange cult that built a giant rocket of DOOM and were preparing the launch it against the capital in a bid to cow us into submission. I was working with a double agent and when she decided it was time to strike, I held her back, just enjoying for the moment the idea of getting to elect an all new congress, senate and replace the current top third of the beaurocracy. Then I realized that there were a million and a half regular folks, going from home to work to home who weren't culpable for the mess we were in. As we made our way to the rocket control center we were captured in true James Bond fashion and taken to the top of the rocket to be fried as it lifted off past us.
I managed to snag the fluffy dictator's cape on the way up and dragged him to the top of the platform then threw him off. Being a cat, with, effectively, a giant silk parachute, he bounced off the walls and girders, landing with a loud thud on all fours at the bottom of the tower.
"Hand me that gun," I shouted to the guard next to us. The double agent girl grabbed the soldier's rifle and handed it to me.
Like in most of my dreams, the darned thing was empty. I remember mentioning that to her as we raced down the stairs of the launch tower, looking for a place to escape the inevitable blast. The guard was running down the tower with us, as he realized he was going to be sacraficed as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home