.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Four Random Scenes

I was walking along a hillside, trying to remain undetected. I noticed that the entire hillside was covered with robots and androids from every science fiction film I'd ever seen. When the bad guy's airship came over the horizon, I scrambled to find a group of broken down humanoid looking robots, and pulled my left arm into my jacket and stuck some wires and such out of the sleeve. When I laid down to pretend I was also broken a couple of the robots started talking to me.

I was at my parent's house looking out over the back fence. There were Chinese fighter bombers being chased through the sky by our Marine Interceptor, and giant helicopters. Both were racing after giant cigar shaped craft with five or six rows of porthole like windows. Smaller flying saucers were circling around the cigar shaped craft and occasionally chasing off the Marine and Chinese aircraft.

Again at my parent's house, I heard a loud mechanical noise out in front and stepped out the front door to see a tow truck unloading a large beige vehicle. Cecil (My old plymouth satellite) I thought. But when I made my way around Mom's white EUV I saw a large commercial style pickup truck with a nasty bowling ball crushed in spot on the driver's side passenger door. I flagged down the driver. "This isn't ours!" I shouted. He didn't want to hear it. I made him stop and show me the towing order, It wasn't even for the same numerical address. He was pissed and drove off. I took the number from the side of the truck and called the company up and told them what happened. The same driver was dispatched to tow the vehicle out of our driveway. He was really ticked off then.

I was outside of my parent's house, again. I saw a strange filmy material stretched over the west side of the roof out to the bushes in the front. (The bushes have been gone for nearly 20 years.) I stepped out and found the material was very stretchy and tough. I could however, rip it easily once I cut through an edge. I started winding the sheet up on an old broom. It was like an aerogel version of pallett wrap. As I was winding it from around the bushes and had just started up the driveway the neighbor's grandkids came out to see what I was doing. I kept winding until I was standing in the driveway. I gave the panel a shake trying to dislodge it from the roof. The wave curled through the material up over the roof then I felt a tug as it cleared the back of the roof out of sight. Suddenly a 5 foot diameter roll of the stuff shot into the air and arched towards me. It was attached to my little one inch roll by a 50 foot span of the material. I started rolling the broomstick madly trying to take up the slack. The kids shouted because it looked like it was going to crush me. Then the wind took it like a kite and swept it out to the east over the garage. I stopped pulling and allowed it to settle on the roof. It barely made a noise. The pressure of the wind almost kept it from rolling down into my arms, but it did as though it was in slow motion. I caught it. It weighed a couple of pounds at the most. Very strange, like a giant ball of cobwebs.

I also had one of my hypnopompic hallucinations this morning. I smelled the smell of rotting flesh, and had the feeling of being paralyzed. Then a robed figure with skeletal hands passed through the room. I felt all of the cats press in tight around me and they all stopped purring at once. The death figure continued through the house, finally leaving out through the garage door. When I struggled awake, four of the cats did have me pinned in place. The room had gotten a little chilly over night, and neither Midge or I had turned on our electric blanket (king size with separate controls for each of us. She's a 10, I rarely ever put the thing above L which is actually below 1.)
Ad astra per technica,
Fermius

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home